Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Personal Connection with Confessions of a Closet Catholic

While reading "Confessions of a Closet Catholic", I couldn't help but think about my cousins. Their uncle is Jewish and their mother is Catholic. My cousins have grown up celebrating both Christmas and Hanukkah and all of the other holidays associated with both. I can't even imagine how confused they must be. The beliefs of these two religions are very different and to bring them up believing both just doesn't seem possible. I think what makes it easier is that both are not very religious, so their kids may not completely understand the meanings behind everything. They are probably getting pressure from both sides of their family too. My uncle's family is calling them to be Jewish and my aunt's family is calling them to be Catholic. When they are old enough to make their own decision, I wonder what they will choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment