Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Miss California and Gay Marriage

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517137,00.html

"When asked by judge Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, whether she believed in gay marriage, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, said 'We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised.'"

After hearing about this on the news. I was really proud of Carrie for what she did. A crown was at stake and she still chose to stick to her personal beliefs. Instead of doing what some people in society desire her to do, she said no. This would have taken a lot of courage. If I was in her position, I hope that I would be able to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you. miss california stayed true to herself and did not do what others expected of her, she answered the question from the heart and i think that is the best way to answer a question. the question she had is so controversial that no matter what answer she gave there would be someone who would not agree with her..its unfortunate that this unhappy person is perez hilton because he takes everything so over the top.

    ReplyDelete